Saturday, January 22, 2011

Enthusiasm Bubble Burst

Hello friends.  You are very kind to still be following me even though I have let you down with no posts for a while.  I am a person that is seriously flawed (aren't we all?!) and my biggest personal angst is that I work in bursts of inspiration.  Bursts are wonderful when they come but when they go, I deflate.  Nothing creative is produced . . .  but I go on the prowl to find my inspiration and bring her back from being AWOL.

How wonderful is blogland?  Thank you to people like Jane from Life on planet baby and many others whose regular posts have helped stop me from going under whilst waiting for inspiration to return (The Happy Home is a perfect visual and creative pick me up).  I have particularly enjoyed trawling through some older posts from blogs I have regularly been following and discovering new blogs (blog hopping?).  I totally love blogs that have online stores attached to them like The Lark (yes, you too will create a wishlist if you haven't already).  And blogs like Frills in the Hills that lead to you wonderful on-line shops



And it was through blog hopping that I found a lovely Perth-based on-line store Mini Gourmets.  Don't you just love merchants that go that extra mile with nice packaging?  They wrapped up my cookie cutters with white tissue, real black ribbon and a delightful sticker of their logo. Included was a little pack of mouth freshners and a magnet.  Yes, I am a sucker for the tiny touches.



At the last minute, we decided to throw Dean a 1st birthday party (more about that in another post- on, off, on again, off and then ON!) and I needed small stars and circles. 

How do you stay inspired?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Fiona I can certainly relate to bursts of creativity. I hadn't had a chance to catch up on your blog for a while and saw that you have been busy with the tables, as well as your new found sewing love (+ a birthday party)!! So I wouldn't say that you haven't been creative lately at all! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona,
    I too can relate but sometimes we get preoccupied by other things.
    Don't be so hard on yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Fiona, thanks for the sweet mention! I had no idea you were feeling like this. Really, only blog when you want to - it has to be a thing of joy, not an obligation. I've found that out the hard way! I'm so delighted you're enjoying wandering through Blogland - it's such a pleasure, isn't it? J x

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for popping by! I read all your comments and really try and get to your blog too. Despite my good intentions, I don't always reply to each message but I am very grateful for the time you take in sharing your thoughts with me. Word verification is back up because I am getting spammed big time. So thanks for taking that extra step in commenting. Blessings, Fi xxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...